For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMPNFSGNWKI IRSENFEELL KVLGVNVMLR KIAVAAASKP AVEIKQEGDT FYIKTSTTVR TTEINFKVGE EFEEQTVDGR PCKSLVKWES ENKMVCEQKL LKGEGPKTSW TRELTNDGEL ILTMTADDVV CTRVYVRE
- Molecular weight16 kDa
- Amino acids1 to 138
- Additional sequence informationCRABP2 Human Recombinant produced in E.Coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 136 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 15.6 kDa.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
ab117162 is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques and filter sterilized.
- Additional notesFor long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.32% Tris HCl, 20% Glycerol
- Cellular retinoic acid binding protein 2
- Cellular retinoic acid binding protein II
- Cellular retinoic acid-binding protein 2
- FunctionTransports retinoic acid to the nucleus. Regulates the access of retinoic acid to the nuclear retinoic acid receptors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Fatty-acid binding protein (FABP) family.
- DomainForms a beta-barrel structure that accommodates hydrophobic ligands in its interior.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Upon ligand binding, a conformation change exposes a nuclear localization motif and the protein is transported into the nucleus.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant Human CRABP2 protein (ab117162)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"