For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMVNPTVFFDIAVDGEPLGRVSFELFADKVP KTAENFRALSTGEKGFGYKGSCFHRIIPGFMCQGGDFTRHNGTGGKSIYG EKFEDENFILKHTGPGILSMANAGPNTNGSQFFICTAKTEWLDGKHVVFG KVKEGMNIVEAMERFGSRNGKTSKKITIADCGQLE
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific activity is > 270 nmoles/min/mg, and is defined as the amount of enzyme that cleaves 1 µmole of suc-AAFP-pNA per minute at 25°C in Tris-Hcl pH8.0 using chymotrypsin.
- Prepare 170 µl assay buffer into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 200 mM Tris-Hcl, pH 8.0, and 20nM chymotrypsin.
- Add 10 µl of recombinant Cyclophilin A protein with 1 µg in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and equilibrate to 1°C and monitor the A405nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 20 µl pre-chilled 5mM suc-AAFP-pNA. (Substrate was dissolved in TFE that contained 460mM LiCl to a concentration of 3 mM)
- Record the increase in A405 nm for 30 minutes at 25°C.
- Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
- Mass spectrometry
- Purity> 95
purified by using conventional chromatography techniques.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM Sodium chloride, 20mM Tris, 0.5mM DTT, pH 8
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Cyclophilin A
- FunctionPPIases accelerate the folding of proteins. It catalyzes the cis-trans isomerization of proline imidic peptide bonds in oligopeptides.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclophilin-type PPIase family. PPIase A subfamily.
Contains 1 PPIase cyclophilin-type domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human Cyclophilin A protein images
References for Recombinant human Cyclophilin A protein (ab86219)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sánchez JA et al. Spongionella Secondary Metabolites, Promising Modulators of Immune Response through CD147 Receptor Modulation. Front Immunol 7:452 (2016).
Read more (PubMed: 27822214) »
See 1 Publication
for this product
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"