For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids1 to 725
- Related Products
- Substrate reagent
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific activity of EEF2K was determined to be 50nmol/min/mg as per activity assay protocol
- Additional notes
ab204858 (Myosin-2 heavy chain peptide) can be utilized as a substrate for assessing kinase activity
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 25% Glycerol, 50mM Tris HCl, 150mM Sodium chloride, 0.25mM DTT, 0.1mM EGTA, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.1mM PMSF, pH 7.5
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Calcium/calmodulin dependent eukaryotic elongation factor 2
- Calcium/calmodulin dependent eukaryotic elongation factor 2 kinase
- FunctionPhosphorylates eukaryotic elongation factor-2. Binds calmodulin.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Alpha-type protein kinase family.
Contains 1 alpha-type protein kinase domain.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human EEF2K protein images
References for Recombinant human EEF2K protein (ab84570)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"