For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceHEK 293 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceAPHGPGLIYR QPNCDDPETE EAALVAIDYI NQNLPWGYKH TLNQIDEVKV WPQQPSGELF EIEIDTLETT CHVLDPTPVA RCSVRQLKEH AVEGDCDFQL LKLDGKFSVV YAKCDSSPDS AEDVRKVCQD CPLLAPLNDT RVVHAAKAAL AAFNAQNNGS NFQLEEISRA QLVPLPPSTY VEFTVSGTDC VAKEATEAAK CNLLAEKQYG FCKATLSEKL GGAEVAVTCT VFQTQPVTSQ PQPEGANEAV PTPVVDPDAP PSPPLGAPGL PPAGSPPDSH VLTVVQPSVG AAAGPVVPPC PGRIRHFKV
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityBiological Activity: Determined by its ability to inhibit Cathespin V cleavage of a fluorogenic peptide substrate Z-LR-AMC (RLUs). The expected IC50 is = 100nM.
- Endotoxin level< 0.100 Eu/µg
- Purity> 98
Purity: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 59 kDa bone sialic acid containing protein
- Aa2 066
- FunctionPromotes endocytosis, possesses opsonic properties and influences the mineral phase of bone. Shows affinity for calcium and barium ions.
- Tissue specificitySynthesized in liver and selectively concentrated in bone matrix. Secreted in plasma. It is also found in dentin in much higher quantities than other plasma proteins.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the fetuin family.
Contains 2 cystatin fetuin-A-type domains.
modificationsPhosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant human Fetuin A protein (ab123466)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"