For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight32 kDa
- Amino acids30 to 317
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activity
Determined by its ability to neutralize Activin A inhibitory effect of murine MPC-11 cells. The expected ED50 is 0.1-0.4 µg/ml in the presence of 7.5 ng/ml Activin A.
- Purity> 95
Sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is <0.1 ng per µg of Follistatin.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 75mM Sodium chloride, 10mM Sodium phosphate, pH 7.5
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 µg/µl.
- Activin binding protein
- Activin-binding protein
- FunctionBinds directly to activin and functions as an activin antagonist. Specific inhibitor of the biosynthesis and secretion of pituitary follicle stimulating hormone (FSH).
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is the predominant isoform in serum but is undetectable in follicular fluid.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 follistatin-like domains.
Contains 3 Kazal-like domains.
Contains 1 TB (TGF-beta binding) domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant human Follistatin protein (ab51800)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"