For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMLCCMRRTKQVEKNDDDQKIEQDGIKPEDKAHKAATKIQASFRGHITRKK LKGEKKDDVQAAEAEANKKDEAPVADGVEKKGEGTTTAEAAPATGSKPDE PGKAGETPSEEKKGEGDAATEQAAPQAPASSEEKAGSAETESATKASTDN SPSSKAEDAPAKEEPKQADVPAAVTAAAATTPAAEDAAAKATAQPPTETG ESSQAEENIEAVDETKPKESARQDEGKEEEPEADQEHA
- Molecular weight52 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 238
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional notesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 mg/ml.
Best used within three months from the date of receipt.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.3% Glutathione, 0.79% Tris HCl
- Axonal membrane protein GAP 43
- Axonal membrane protein GAP-43
- B 50
- FunctionThis protein is associated with nerve growth. It is a major component of the motile "growth cones" that form the tips of elongating axons.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the neuromodulin family.
Contains 1 IQ domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of this protein by a protein kinase C is specifically correlated with certain forms of synaptic plasticity.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell projection > growth cone membrane. Cell junction > synapse. Cytoplasmic surface of growth cone and synaptic plasma membranes.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human GAP43 protein images
References for Recombinant Human GAP43 protein (ab114188)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"