For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameRecombinant Human GGPS1 protein
- Protein lengthFull length protein
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMEKTQETVQRILLEPYKYLLQLPGKQVRTK LSQAFNHWLKVPEDKLQIIIEVTEMLHNASLLIDDIEDNSKLRRGFPVAH SIYGIPSVINSANYVYFLGLEKVLTLDHPDAVKLFTRQLLELHQGQGLDI YWRDNYTCPTEEEYKAMVLQKTGGLFGLAVGLMQLFSDYKEDLKPLLNTL GLFFQIRDDYANLHSKEYSENKSFCEDLTEGKFSFPTIHAIWSRPESTQV QNILRQRTENIDIKKYCVHYLEDVGSFEYTRNTLKELEAKAYKQIDARGG NPELVALVKHLSKMFKEENE
- Molecular weight37 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 300
- TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Mass spectrometry
- Purity> 90
ab100959 was purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM Tris HCl, 1mM DTT, pH 8.0
- 6E)-farnesyl diphosphate synthase
- FunctionCatalyzes the trans-addition of the three molecules of IPP onto DMAPP to form geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate, an important precursor of carotenoids and geranylated proteins.
- Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in testis. Found in other tissues to a lower extent.
- PathwayIsoprenoid biosynthesis; farnesyl diphosphate biosynthesis; farnesyl diphosphate from geranyl diphosphate and isopentenyl diphosphate: step 1/1.
Isoprenoid biosynthesis; geranyl diphosphate biosynthesis; geranyl diphosphate from dimethylallyl diphosphate and isopentenyl diphosphate: step 1/1.
Isoprenoid biosynthesis; geranylgeranyl diphosphate biosynthesis; geranylgeranyl diphosphate from farnesyl diphosphate and isopentenyl diphosphate: step 1/1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FPP/GGPP synthase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human GGPS1 protein images
References for Recombinant Human GGPS1 protein (ab100959)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"