For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MGSM
PKKVMWNTAV HSEFMHDHAD YGFPSCEGKF NWRVIKEKRD AYVSRLNAIY QNNLTKSHIE IIRGHAAFTS DPKPTIEVSG KKYTAPHILI ATGGMPSTPH ESQIPGASLG ITSDGFFQLE ELPGRSVIVG AGYIAVEMAG ILSALGSKTS LMIRHDKVLR SFDSMISTNC TEELENAGVE AMACRQ EPQPQGPPPA AGAVASYDYL VIGGGSGGLA SARRAAELGA RAAVVESHKL GGTCVNVGCV
VLKFSQVKEV KKTLSGLEVS MVTAVPGRLP VMTMIPDVDC LLWAIGRVPN TKDLSLNKLG IQTDDKGHII VDEFQNTNVK GIYAVGDVCG KALLTPVAIA AGRKLAHRLF EYKEDSKLDY NNIPTVVFSH PPIGTVGLTE DEAIHKYGIE NVKTYSTSFT PMYHAVTKRK TKCVMKMVCA
NKEEKVVGIH MQGLGCDEML QGFAVAVKMG ATKADFDNTV AIHPTSSEEL VTLR
- Molecular weight54 kDa including tags
- Amino acids106 to 522
- TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityRecombinant human GSR protein, fused to His-tag at N-terminus, was expressed in E.coli and purified by using conventional chromatography techniques.
- Purity> 95
- Additional notesRecombinant human GSR protein, fused to His-tag at N-terminus, was expressed in E.coli and purified by using conventional chromatography techniques.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.32% Tris HCl, 0.02% DTT, 10% Glycerol, 0.58% Sodium chloride
- Glutathione reductase
- FunctionMaintains high levels of reduced glutathione in the cytosol.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class-I pyridine nucleotide-disulfide oxidoreductase family.
- DomainEach subunit can be divided into 4 domains that are consecutive along the polypeptide chain. Domains 1 and 2 bind FAD and NADPH, respectively. Domain 4 forms the interface.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Mitochondrion.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant Human Glutathione Reductase protein (ab116160)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"