For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceVFAENMKLREDTYHLVNYIPQGSIDSLFEGTWYLVRVDEKHRRTYARRPT PNDDTLDEGVGLVHSNIATEHIPSPAKKVPRLPATAAEPEAAVISNGEH
- Molecular weight37 kDa including tags
- Amino acids422 to 520
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional notesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 µg/ul.
Best use within three months from the date of receipt of this protein.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.3% Glutathione, 0.79% Tris HCl
- 3 hydroxy 3 methylglutaryl Coenzyme A synthase 1 (soluble)
- 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A synthase
- FunctionThis enzyme condenses acetyl-CoA with acetoacetyl-CoA to form HMG-CoA, which is the substrate for HMG-CoA reductase.
- PathwayMetabolic intermediate biosynthesis; (R)-mevalonate biosynthesis; (R)-mevalonate from acetyl-CoA: step 2/3.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the HMG-CoA synthase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human HMGCS1 protein images
References for Recombinant Human HMGCS1 protein (ab114524)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"