For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceVHTAFMEKVLGSPEEVLDRTDIHTFHRFYQYLAHSKQVFREAAQNPEEVA EVFLTALRAPKPTLRYFTTERFLPLLRMRLDDPSGSNYVTAMHREVF
- Molecular weight36 kDa including tags
- Amino acids189 to 285
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional notesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 µg/ul.
Best use within three months from the date of receipt of this protein.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.3% Glutathione, 0.79% Tris HCl
- 17 beta HSD 1
- 17 beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1
- 17-beta-HSD 1
- FunctionFavors the reduction of estrogens and androgens. Also has 20-alpha-HSD activity. Uses preferentially NADH.
- PathwaySteroid biosynthesis; estrogen biosynthesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases (SDR) family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human HSD17B1 protein images
References for Recombinant Human HSD17B1 protein (ab114763)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"