For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceThe sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Gly-Pro-Pro-Pro-Gly. the N-terminal methionine has been completely removed enzymatically.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific Activity of 1 x 105 IU/mg.
- Purity> 95
ab73620 is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques. Purity is greater than 98.0% as determined by RP-HPLC and SDS-PAGE.
- Additional notesFor long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in sterile 18MOhm/cm water at not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Adipogenesis inhibitory factor
- IL 11
- FunctionDirectly stimulates the proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells and megakaryocyte progenitor cells and induces megakaryocyte maturation resulting in increased platelet production.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human IL11 protein images
Anti-IL11 antibody (ab76589) at 1 µg/ml + Recombinant human IL11 protein (ab73620) at 0.1 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Recombinant human IL11 protein (ab73620)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"