For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceSaccharomyces cerevisiae
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceThe sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Cys-Asp-Leu-Pro-Gln.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific Activity: 3 x 108 / mg.
- Purity> 95
This protein was purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Purity: Greater than 98.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional notesFor long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in sterile 18MOhm/cm water to not less than 100µg/ml, this solution can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Alpha 2a interferon
- IFN alpha 2
- IFN alphaA
- FunctionProduced by macrophages, IFN-alpha have antiviral activities.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant human Interferon alpha 2 protein (ab73127)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"