For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceThe sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Met-Cys-Asn-Asp-Met.
- Molecular weight19 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific activity of 105 OR 105 Units/mg.
- Purity> 95
Purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Purity: Greater than 98.0% as determined by analysis by RP-HPLC and analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Additional notesFor long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in sterile 18MOhm/cm H2O to not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- FunctionGrowth factor active on keratinocytes. Possible major paracrine effector of normal epithelial cell proliferation.
- Tissue specificityEpithelial cell.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the heparin-binding growth factors family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant human KGF protein (ab73193)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"