For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceM-GPMPKLADRKLCADQECSSHPISMAVALQDYMAPDCRFLTIHRGQVV YVFSLKGRGRFLWGGSVQGDYYGDLAARLGYFPSSIVREDQTLKVDVKT
- Amino acids25 to 131
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activity
Calculated by the inhibiting effect on the invasion of Mel In Tumor cells (Bosserhoff et al.2003 Lab Invest. 83, 1583-94).
- Purity> 95
This protein was purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Purity greater than 95.0% as determined by:
(a) Analysis by RP-HPLC.
(b) Analysis by SDS-PAGE.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 20mM Potassium phosphate, 150mM Potassium chloride, pH 7.0
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in sterile 18Mohm-cm water to at not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Cartilage derived retinoic acid sensitive protein
- CD RAP
- FunctionElicits growth inhibition on melanoma cells in vitro as well as some other neuroectodermal tumors, including gliomas.
- Tissue specificityAll malignant melanoma cell lines tested and infrequently in glioma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIA/OTOR family.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
modificationsMay possess two intramolecular disulfide bonds.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant human Melanoma Inhibitory Activity protein (ab73232)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"