For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight61 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 340
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe Specific activity of ab102551 was determined to be 200 nmol/min/mg.
- Purity> 85
Purity was determined to be >85% by densitometry.
- Additional notes
ab204885 (ZIP Kinase peptide substrate) can be utilized as a substrate for assessing kinase activity
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 25% Glycerol, 50mM Tris HCl, 150mM Sodium chloride, 10mM Glutathione, 0.25mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.1mM PMSF, pH 7.5
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- FunctionPhosphorylates ZNF622 and may contribute to its redirection to the nucleus. May be involved in the inhibition of spliceosome assembly during mitosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in placenta, kidney, thymus, testis, ovary and intestine.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. SNF1 subfamily.
Contains 1 KA1 (kinase-associated) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Thr-478 phosphorylation during mitosis promotes interaction with PPP1R8.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human MELK protein images
References for Recombinant human MELK protein (ab102551)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"