For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight110 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 645
- Related Products
- Substrate reagent
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe specific activity of ab125544 was determined to be 25 nmol/min/mg as per activity assay protocol.
- Purity> 90
Assessed by densitometry.
- Additional notes
ab64311 (Myelin Basic Protein protein) can be utilized as a substrate for assessing kinase activity
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.004% EGTA, 0.002% PMSF, 0.004% DTT, 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.003% EDTA, 25% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- FunctionPossible role in S-phase checkpoint mechanism.
- Tissue specificityPoorly expressed in cerebellum, trachea, lung, appendix, and uterus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. NEK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. NIMA subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Developmental stagePredominantly expressed at S/G2/M phase.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus > nucleolus. Nuclear during interphase but moves to the polar microtubules during prometaphase and metaphase. Accumulates in the nucleolus in G1/S-arrested cells.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human NEK11 protein images
References for Recombinant human NEK11 protein (ab125544)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"