For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameRecombinant Human Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 5 protein
- Protein lengthProtein fragment
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceSEPSSIAKHEDSLLKDLFQDYERWVRPVEHLNDKIKIKFGLAISQLVDVD EKNQLMTTNVWLKQEWIDVKLRWNPDDYGGIKVIRVPSDSVWTP
- Molecular weight36 kDa including tags
- Amino acids38 to 131
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional notesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 mg/ml. This protein is best used within three months from the date of receipt.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.3% Glutathione, 0.79% Tris HCl
- Acetylcholine receptor nicotinic alpha 5 (neuronal)
- FunctionAfter binding acetylcholine, the AChR responds by an extensive change in conformation that affects all subunits and leads to opening of an ion-conducting channel across the plasma membrane.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. Acetylcholine receptor (TC 1.A.9.1) subfamily. Alpha-5/CHRNA5 sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 5 protein images
References for Recombinant Human Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 5 protein (ab114513)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"