For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight63 kDa including tags
- Amino acids537 to 875
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe specific activity of ab125581 was determined to be 2275 nmol/min/mg.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.002% PMSF, 0.5% Magnesium chloride, 0.003% DTT, 0.79% Tris HCl, 25% Glycerol, 0.29% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 5''-cyclic phosphodiesterase
- CGB PDE
- FunctionPlays a role in signal transduction by regulating the intracellular concentration of cyclic nucleotides. This phosphodiesterase catalyzes the specific hydrolysis of cGMP to 5'-GMP.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in aortic smooth muscle cells, heart, placenta, skeletal muscle and pancreas and, to a much lesser extent, in brain, liver and lung.
- PathwayPurine metabolism; 3',5'-cyclic GMP degradation; GMP from 3',5'-cyclic GMP: step 1/1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase family.
Contains 2 GAF domains.
- DomainComposed of a C-terminal catalytic domain containing two putative divalent metal sites and an N-terminal regulatory domain which contains two homologous allosteric cGMP-binding regions, A and B.
modificationsPhosphorylation is regulated by binding of cGMP to the two allosteric sites.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human PDE5A protein images
References for Recombinant human PDE5A protein (ab125581)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"