For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight70 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 407
- Related Products
- Substrate reagent
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe specific activity of ab125592 was determined to be 7.5 nmol/min/mg.
- Additional notes
ab125602 (Human Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E1-alpha subunit full length protein) can be utilized as a substrate for assessing Kinase activity
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.31% Glutathione, 0.002% PMSF, 0.004% DTT, 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.003% EDTA, 25% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- [Pyruvate dehydrogenase [lipoamide]] kinase isozyme 2
- FunctionInhibits the mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase complex by phosphorylation of the E1 alpha subunit, thus contributing to the regulation of glucose metabolism.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues, with the highest level in heart and skeletal muscle, intermediate levels in brain, kidney, pancreas and liver, and low levels in placenta and lung.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDK/BCKDK protein kinase family.
Contains 1 histidine kinase domain.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human PDK2 protein images
References for Recombinant human PDK2 protein (ab125592)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"