For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight76 kDa including tags
- Amino acids2 to 406
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe specific activity of ab125572 was determined to be 2100 nmol/min/mg.
- Purity> 95
Purity determined to be >95% by densitometry.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.31% Glutathione, 0.002% PMSF, 0.004% DTT, 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.003% EDTA, 25% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- 1 phosphatidylinositol 4 phosphate 5 kinase
- 1 phosphatidylinositol 4 phosphate 5 kinase 2 alpha
- 1 phosphatidylinositol 4 phosphate kinase
- FunctionCatalyzes the phosphorylation of phosphatidylinositol-5-phosphate on the fourth hydroxyl of the myo-inositol ring, to form phosphatidylinositol-4,5-biphosphate.
- Tissue specificityExpressed ubiquitously, with high levels in the brain. Present in most tissues, except notably skeletal muscle and small intestine.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PIPK domain.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human PIP5K2 alpha protein images
References for Recombinant human PIP5K2 alpha protein (ab125572)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"