For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight79 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 471
- Related Products
- Substrate reagent
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe specific activity of ab125743 was determined to be 172 nmol/min/mg.
- Purity> 80
Purity was determined to be >80% by densitometry.
- Additional notes
ab204861 (Hsp27 peptide) can be utilized as a substrate for assessing kinase activity
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.31% Glutathione, 0.002% PMSF, 0.004% DTT, 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.003% EDTA, 25% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 5
- MAPK-activated protein kinase 5
- FunctionMediates stress-induced small heat shock protein 27 phosphorylation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed ubiquitously.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Thr-182; which is the regulatory phosphorylation site and is located on the T-loop/loop 12.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Also observed in the nucleus.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human PRAK protein images
References for Recombinant human PRAK protein (ab125743)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"