For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceBaculovirus infected Sf9 cells
- Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 150mM Imidazole
Constituents: 25% Glycerol, 50mM Sodium phosphate, 300mM Sodium chloride, 0.2mM DTT, pH 7.0
- Ras homolog enriched in brain 2, formerly
- GTP binding protein Rheb
- GTP-binding protein Rheb
- FunctionStimulates the phosphorylation of S6K1 and EIF4EBP1 through activation of mTORC1 signaling. Activates the protein kinase activity of mTORC1. Has low intrinsic GTPase activity.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest levels observed in skeletal and cardiac muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rheb family.
modificationsFarnesylation is important for efficiently activating mTORC1-mediated signaling.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human RHEB protein images
SDS-PAGE - RHEB protein (His tag) (ab56271)
ab56271 on SDS-PAGE.
References for Recombinant Human RHEB protein (ab56271)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"