For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMASMTGGQQM GRGSASMPQS KSRKIAILGY RSVGKSSLTI QFVEGQFVDS YDPTIENTFT KLITVNGQEY HLQLVDTAGQ DEYSIFPQTY SIDINGYILV YSVTSIKSFE VIKVIHGKLL DMVGKVQIPI MLVGNKKDLH MERVISYEEG KALAESWNAA FLESSAKENQ TAVDVFRRII LEAEKMDGAA SQGKSSC
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
ab78768 is purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM Tris, 1mM DTT, pH 8.0
- Ras homolog enriched in brain 2, formerly
- GTP binding protein Rheb
- GTP-binding protein Rheb
- FunctionStimulates the phosphorylation of S6K1 and EIF4EBP1 through activation of mTORC1 signaling. Activates the protein kinase activity of mTORC1. Has low intrinsic GTPase activity.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest levels observed in skeletal and cardiac muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rheb family.
modificationsFarnesylation is important for efficiently activating mTORC1-mediated signaling.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human RHEB protein images
SDS-PAGE - RHEB protein (T7 Tag) (ab78768)
15% SDS-PAGE showing ab76768 at approximately 22kDa (3µg).
References for Recombinant Human RHEB protein (ab78768)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"