For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceQLRYHCCGRHGYKDWFGVQWVSSRYLDPGDRDVADRIQSNVEGLYLTDGV PFSCCNPHSPRPCLQNRLSDSYAHPLFDPRQPNQNLWAQGCHEVLLEHLQ DL
- Molecular weight37 kDa including tags
- Amino acids163 to 264
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional notesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 mg/ml.
This protein is best used within three months from the date of receipt.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.79% Tris HCl, 0.3% Glutathione
- Retinal outer segment membrane protein 1
- Rod outer segment membrane protein 1
- FunctionMay function as an adhesion molecule involved in stabilization and compaction of outer segment disks or in the maintenance of the curvature of the rim. It is essential for disk morphogenesis.
- Tissue specificityRetina (photoreceptor). In rim region of ROS (rod outer segment) disks.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ROM1 may cause retinitis pigmentosa (RP) [MIM:268000]; when associated with defects in PRPH2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PRPH2/ROM1 family.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human ROM1 protein images
References for Recombinant Human ROM1 protein (ab116995)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"