For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Molecular weight46 kDa including tags
- Amino acids1 to 369
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Mass spectrometry
- Purity> 95
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituent: 99% PBS
- FunctionFilament-forming cytoskeletal GTPase (By similarity). May play a role in cytokinesis (Potential). May play a role in platelet secretion.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in the CNS, as well as in heart and platelets (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the septin family.
modificationsIn platelets, phosphorylated in response to thrombin, phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate and collagen.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. In platelets, found in areas surrounding alpha-granules.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human SEPT5 protein images
References for Recombinant Human SEPT5 protein (ab116420)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"