For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameRecombinant Human ST8SIA1 protein
- Protein lengthProtein fragment
- SourceWheat germ
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceVLQQGTAWRRNQTAARAFRKQMEDCCDPAHLFAMTKMNSPMGKSMWYDGE FLYSFTIDNSTYSLFPQATPFQLPLKKCAVVGNGGILKKSGCGRQIDEAN
- Molecular weight37 kDa including tags
- Amino acids61 to 160
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional notesProtein concentration is above or equal to 0.05 mg/ml.
Best used within three months from the date of receipt.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.3% Glutathione, 0.79% Tris HCl
- 8-sialyltransferase 8A
- Alpha 2,8 sialyltransferase 8A
- FunctionInvolved in the production of gangliosides GD3 and GT3 from GM3; gangliosides are a subfamily of complex glycosphinglolipds that contain one or more residues of sialic acid.
- Tissue specificityStrongly expressed in melanoma cell lines, adult and fetal brain and to a lesser extent in adult and fetal lung.
- PathwayProtein modification; protein glycosylation.
Lipid metabolism; sphingolipid metabolism.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyltransferase 29 family.
- Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus membrane.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant Human ST8SIA1 protein images
References for Recombinant Human ST8SIA1 protein (ab116781)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"