For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMESIRETEVIDPQDLLEGRYFSGALPDDEDVVGPGQESDDFELSGSGDLD DLEDSMIGPEVVHPLVPLDNHIPERAGSGSQVPTEPKKLEENEVIPKRIS PVEESEDVSNKVSMSSTVQGSNIFERTE
- Molecular weight14 kDa
- Amino acids19 to 145
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 85
ab117191 is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques and is greater than 85% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 0.24% Tris
- FunctionCell surface proteoglycan that bears heparan sulfate.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in epithelial and fibroblastic cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the syndecan proteoglycan family.
modificationsShedding is enhanced by a number of factors such as heparanase, thrombin or EGF. Also by stress and wound healing. PMA-mediated shedding is inhibited by TIMP3.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Secreted. Shedding of the ectodomain produces a soluble form.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant Human Syndecan 4 protein (ab117191)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"