For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMGSSHHHHHH SSGLVPRGSH MPVSQPDAPG HQRKVVSWID VYTRATCQPR EVVVPLTVEL MGTVAKQLVP SCVTVQRCGG CCPDDGLECV PTGQHQVRMQ ILMIRYPSSQ LGEMSLEEHS QCECRPKKKD SAVKPDRAAT PHHRPQPRSV PGWDSAPGAP SPADITHPTP APGPSAHAAP STTSALTPGP AAAAADAAAS SVAKGGA
- Amino acids22 to 207
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityMeasured in a cell proliferation assay using NIH-3T3 mouse
embryonic fibroblast. The ED50 for this effect is < 1ng/ml.
- Cell line: NIH-3T3 (Mus musculus/Mouse embryonic fibroblast)
- Maintenance Condition: RPMI 1640 containing 10% FBS
- Assay medium: serum free RPMI 1640
- Cell density: 2 x 104 cells/well (96 well plate, final volume 100ul)
- Incubation time : 24 hr (after sample treatment)
- Concentration range: 10pg/ml - 10ug/ml
- Detection method : BrdU assay
- Endotoxin level< 1.000 Eu/µg
- Mass spectrometry
- Purity> 90
ab87052 was purified using conventional chromatography techniques
- Additional notesEndotoxin Level: < 1.0 EU per 1 µg of protein (determined by LAL method)
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM Tris HCl, pH 7.5
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor B
- VEGF B
- VEGF related factor
- FunctionGrowth factor for endothelial cells. VEGF-B167 binds heparin and neuropilin-1 whereas the binding to neuropilin-1 of VEGF-B186 is regulated by proteolysis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues except liver. Highest levels found in heart, skeletal muscle and pancreas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
modificationsVEGF-B186 is O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Secreted but remains associated to cells or to the extracellular matrix unless released by heparin.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant human VEGFB protein images
References for Recombinant human VEGFB protein (ab87052)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"