For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceAPSSVIAATE LRCVCLTVTP KINPKLIANL EVIPAGPQCP TVEVIAKLKN QKEVCLDPEA PVIKKIIQKI LGSDKKKAKR NALAVERTAS VQ
- Molecular weight10 kDa
- Amino acids41 to 132
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Endotoxin level< 0.100 Eu/µg
- Additional notesThe biological activity of mLIX was determined by its ability to chemoattract human neutrophils using a concentration range of 10-100 ng/ml.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- C-X-C motif chemokine 5
- C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 5
- FunctionInvolved in neutrophil activation. In vitro, ENA-78(8-78) and ENA-78(9-78) show a threefold higher chemotactic activity for neutrophil granulocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsN-terminal processed forms ENA-78(8-78) and ENA-78(9-78) are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from peripheral blood monocytes.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant mouse CXCL5 protein (ab9985)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"