For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.01M Tris HCl, 1mM EDTA, pH 8.0
- Biliverdin IX alpha reductase
- Biliverdin reductase A
- FunctionReduces the gamma-methene bridge of the open tetrapyrrole, biliverdin IX alpha, to bilirubin with the concomitant oxidation of a NADH or NADPH cofactor.
- Tissue specificityLiver.
- PathwayPorphyrin-containing compound metabolism; protoheme degradation.
- Involvement in diseaseHyperbiliverdinemia
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Gfo/Idh/MocA family. Biliverdin reductase subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant Rat Biliverdin Reductase protein (ab92289)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"