For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceThe sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Met-Glu-Ile-Pro-Met.
- Amino acids20 to 132
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
This protein was purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques.
Purity: Greater than 95.0% as determined by analysis by RP-HPLC and SDS-PAGE
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute in sterile 18MOhm/cm H2O to not less than 100µg/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- B-cell differentiation factor I
- Colony stimulating factor
- FunctionFactor that induces terminal differentiation of late-developing B-cells to immunoglobulin secreting cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-5 family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
References for Recombinant rat IL5 protein (ab73194)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"