For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- SourceEscherichia coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SpeciesSaccharomyces cerevisiae
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activitySpecific activity : 85 U/mg
One unit will reduce 1µmole of oxidized glutathione per min at pH 7.5 at 25 °C.
- Purity> 95
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 20mM HEPES, pH 7
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Glutathione reductase
- FunctionMaintains high levels of reduced glutathione in the cytosol.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class-I pyridine nucleotide-disulfide oxidoreductase family.
- DomainEach subunit can be divided into 4 domains that are consecutive along the polypeptide chain. Domains 1 and 2 bind FAD and NADPH, respectively. Domain 4 forms the interface.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Mitochondrion.
Information by UniProt
Recombinant S. cerevisiae Glutathione Reductase protein images
References for Recombinant S. cerevisiae Glutathione Reductase protein (ab82738)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"