Resistin (RETN) Mouse ELISA Kit (ab108900)
- Product nameResistin (RETN) Mouse ELISA KitSee all Resistin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.1%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity= 0.06 ng/ml
- Range0.063 ng/ml - 4 ng/ml
- Assay time5h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s Resistin (RETN) Mouse in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Resistin levels in plasma, serum and cell culture supernatants.
A Resistin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Resistin specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Resistin captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Mouse Resistin Antibody 1 x 140µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Resistin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Resistin Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- FunctionHormone that seems to suppress insulin ability to stimulate glucose uptake into adipose cells. Potentially links obesity to diabetes.
- Tissue specificityExpressed only in fatty tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the resistin/FIZZ family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Adipose tissue specific secretory factor
- Adipose tissue-specific secretory factor
- C/EBP epsilon regulated myeloid specific secreted cysteine rich protein
- C/EBP epsilon regulated myeloid specific secreted cysteine rich protein precursor 1
- C/EBP-epsilon-regulated myeloid-specific secreted cysteine-rich protein
- Cysteine rich secreted protein A12 alpha like 2
- Cysteine rich secreted protein FIZZ3
- Cysteine-rich secreted protein A12-alpha-like 2
- Cysteine-rich secreted protein FIZZ3
- FIZZ 3
- Found in inflammatory zone 3
- HXCP 1
- Resistin delta2
- RETN 1
- XCP 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108900 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Resistin (RETN) Mouse ELISA Kit (ab108900)
ab108900 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.