For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clone numberRheb 3H6
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa.
||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.
- FunctionStimulates the phosphorylation of S6K1 and EIF4EBP1 through activation of mTORC1 signaling. Activates the protein kinase activity of mTORC1. Has low intrinsic GTPase activity.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest levels observed in skeletal and cardiac muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small GTPase superfamily. Rheb family.
modificationsFarnesylation is important for efficiently activating mTORC1-mediated signaling.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- Ras homolog enriched in brain 2, formerly antibody
- GTP binding protein Rheb antibody
- GTP-binding protein Rheb antibody
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"