Anti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S1801) antibody [EP1510Y] (ab76292)
- Product nameAnti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S1801) antibody [EP1510Y]See all RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1510Y] to RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S1801)
- SpecificityDetects RNA Polymeraste II phosphorylated at serine 1801.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A phospho synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding serine 5 of human RNA Polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS.
- Positive control
- WB: Human brain nuclear lysate IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue ICC/IF: HeLa cells
- General notes
Produced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
This product is available conjugated to DyLight® 488 see ab139935.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1510Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76292 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 217 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Use of HRP conjugated or polymerized HRP secondary antibodies is recommended. Stronger signals have been found using the polymerized HRP secondary.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/250 - 1/500.|
- FunctionDNA-dependent RNA polymerase catalyzes the transcription of DNA into RNA using the four ribonucleoside triphosphates as substrates. Largest and catalytic component of RNA polymerase II which synthesizes mRNA precursors and many functional non-coding RNAs. Forms the polymerase active center together with the second largest subunit. Pol II is the central component of the basal RNA polymerase II transcription machinery. It is composed of mobile elements that move relative to each other. RPB1 is part of the core element with the central large cleft, the clamp element that moves to open and close the cleft and the jaws that are thought to grab the incoming DNA template. At the start of transcription, a single-stranded DNA template strand of the promoter is positioned within the central active site cleft of Pol II. A bridging helix emanates from RPB1 and crosses the cleft near the catalytic site and is thought to promote translocation of Pol II by acting as a ratchet that moves the RNA-DNA hybrid through the active site by switching from straight to bent conformations at each step of nucleotide addition. During transcription elongation, Pol II moves on the template as the transcript elongates. Elongation is influenced by the phosphorylation status of the C-terminal domain (CTD) of Pol II largest subunit (RPB1), which serves as a platform for assembly of factors that regulate transcription initiation, elongation, termination and mRNA processing. Acts as a RNA-dependent RNA polymerase when associated with small delta antigen of Hepatitis delta virus, acting both as a replicate and transcriptase for the viral RNA circular genome.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RNA polymerase beta' chain family.
modificationsThe tandem 7 residues repeats in the C-terminal domain (CTD) can be highly phosphorylated. The phosphorylation activates Pol II. Phosphorylation occurs mainly at residues 'Ser-2' and 'Ser-5' of the heptapeptide repeat and is mediated, at least, by CDK7 and CDK9. CDK7 phosphorylation of POLR2A associated with DNA promotes transcription initiation by triggering dissociation from DNA. Phosphorylation also takes place at 'Ser-7' of the heptapepdtide repeat, which is required for efficient transcription of snRNA genes and processing of the transcripts. The phosphorylation state is believed to result from the balanced action of site-specific CTD kinases and phosphatases, and a 'CTD code' that specifies the position of Pol II within the transcription cycle has been proposed.
Dephosphorylated by the protein phosphatase CTDSP1.
Ubiquitinated by WWP2 leading to proteasomal degradation (By similarity). Following UV treatment, the elongating form of RNA polymerase II (RNA pol IIo) is ubiquitinated UV damage sites without leading to degradation: ubiquitination is facilitated by KIAA1530/UVSSA and promotes RNA pol IIo backtracking to allow access to the nucleotide excision repair machinery.
Methylated at Arg-1810 by CARM1. Methylation occurs only when the CTD is hypophosphorylated, and phosphorylation at Ser-1805 and Ser-1808 prevent methylation (in vitro). It is assumed that methylation occurs prior to phosphorylation and transcription initiation. CTD methylation may facilitate the expression of select RNAs.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- B220 antibody
- DNA directed RNA polymerase II A antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase II largest subunit antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase II largest subunit RNA polymerase II 220 kd subunit antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase II subunit A antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase II subunit RPB1 antibody
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase III largest subunit antibody
- hRPB220 antibody
- hsRPB1 antibody
- MGC75453 antibody
- POLR2 antibody
- POLR2A antibody
- POLRA antibody
- Polymerase (RNA) II (DNA directed) polypeptide A 220kDa antibody
- Polymerase (RNA) II (DNA directed) polypeptide A antibody
- RNA polymerase II subunit B1 antibody
- RNA-directed RNA polymerase II subunit RPB1 antibody
- RPB1 antibody
- RPB1_HUMAN antibody
- RPB220 antibody
- RPBh1 antibody
- RpIILS antibody
- RPO2 antibody
- RPOL2 antibody
Anti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S1801) antibody [EP1510Y] images
All lanes : Anti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S1801) antibody [EP1510Y] (ab76292) at 1/200000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human brain lysates, untreated
Lane 2 : Human brain lysates treated with AP
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size : 217 kDa
Observed band size : 270 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab76292, at a 1/100 dilution, staining RNA Polymerase II (phospho S1801) in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab76292, at a 1/250 dilution, staining RNA Polymerase II (phospho S1801) in HeLa cells by Immunofluorescence.
References for Anti-RNA polymerase II CTD repeat YSPTSPS (phospho S1801) antibody [EP1510Y] (ab76292)
ab76292 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.