For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay: 1/312500.
- FunctionMay function as an adhesion molecule involved in stabilization and compaction of outer segment disks or in the maintenance of the curvature of the rim. It is essential for disk morphogenesis.
- Tissue specificityRetina (photoreceptor). In rim region of ROS (rod outer segment) disks.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ROM1 may cause retinitis pigmentosa (RP) [MIM:268000]; when associated with defects in PRPH2.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PRPH2/ROM1 family.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
Information by UniProt
- Retinal outer segment membrane protein 1 antibody
- Rod outer segment membrane protein 1 antibody
- ROM antibody
Anti-ROM1 antibody images
Western blot - ROM1 antibody (ab80507)
Anti-ROM1 antibody (ab80507) at 1/1 dilution + transfected 293T cell lysate at 10 µg with 5% skim milk / PBS buffer
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 37 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"