Anti-RPS6 (phospho S235 + S236) antibody (ab12864)
- Product nameAnti-RPS6 (phospho S235 + S236) antibodySee all RPS6 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RPS6 (phospho S235 + S236)
- SpecificityThis antibody does not cross react with RPS6 phosphorylated on serines 244 and 247.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, Electron Microscopy more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from the region of human RPS6 that contains serines 235 and 236 (unfortunately, the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive)
- Positive control
- HeLa +/- TNF-alpha or anisomycin
- General notesCentrifuge before opening to settle contents.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Dulbecco's PBS without magnesium and calcium, 50% Glycerol, PBS, 1mg/ml BSA, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated RPS6. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a RPS6-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at serines 235 and 236.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12864 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Used at a dilution of 1/100 for 2 hrs on HeLa cells (see Abreview submitted by Marco Biggiogera).|
|Electron Microscopy||EM: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionMay play an important role in controlling cell growth and proliferation through the selective translation of particular classes of mRNA.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ribosomal protein S6e family.
modificationsRibosomal protein S6 is the major substrate of protein kinases in eukaryote ribosomes. The phosphorylation is stimulated by growth factors, tumor promoting agents, and mitogens. It is dephosphorylated at growth arrest.
- 40S ribosomal protein S6 antibody
- Air8 antibody
- DS6 antibody
- Hemocytes enlarged antibody
- Hen antibody
- L(1)AIR8 antibody
- Lethal (1) haemocytes enlarged antibody
- Lethal aberrant immune response 8 antibody
- Lethal(1)abberant immune response antibody
- NP33 antibody
- Phosphoprotein NP33 antibody
- Pp30 antibody
- Ribosomal protein S6 antibody
- RP S6 antibody
- RPS 6 antibody
- RpS6 antibody
- RS6 antibody
- RS6_HUMAN antibody
- S6 antibody
Anti-RPS6 (phospho S235 + S236) antibody images
Predicted band size : 31 kDa
Peptide Competition. Lysates prepared from HeLa cells left untreated (1) or treated with anisomycin (2-5) were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 14% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer for one hour at room temperature, and incubated with ab12864 for two hours at room temperature in a 3% BSA-TBST buffer, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1, 2), the non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (3), a generic phosphoserine-containing peptide (4), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with a goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate secondary antibody and bands were detected using the Pierce SuperSignalTM method. The data show that only the peptide corresponding to RPS6 blocks the signal, verifying the specificity of the antibody.
ab12864 at a 1/100 dilution staining human HeLa cells by ICC/IF. The cells were formaldehyde fixed and then incubated with the antibody for 2 hours. An Alexa Fluor ® 488 conjugated goat polyclonal antibody was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-RPS6 (phospho S235 + S236) antibody (ab12864)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang M et al. Role of ribosomal protein RPS2 in controlling let-7a expression in human prostate cancer. Mol Cancer Res 9:36-50 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21148031) »
- Shen Y et al. Mutations in PNKD causing paroxysmal dyskinesia alters protein cleavage and stability. Hum Mol Genet 20:2322-32 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21487022) »