Rubella Virus capsid full length protein (ab74574)
- Product nameRubella Virus capsid full length proteinSee all Rubella Virus capsid proteins and peptides ...
- SourceSaccharomyces cerevisiae
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74574 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 90
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purified by ultracentifugation.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Store at +4°C.
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with PBS or 8M urea (to obtain 0.5 mg/ml protein stock solution). After reconstitution in PBS store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles. Proteins reconstituted in 8M urea store at 4°C.
- Coat protein
- german measles
- german measles capsid protein
- rubella capsid
- Structural polyprotein
- RelevanceRubella virus is the only member of the Rubrivirus genus of the Togavirus family. Unlike most Togaviruses it is NOT arthropod borne, but is acquired via the respiratory route. It causes German measles ( a mild contagious eruptive disease, capable of producing congenital defects in infants born to mothers infected during the first three months of pregnancy). Rubella virus is an enveloped positive-strand RNA virus. The genome encodes two open reading frames (ORFs): the 5'-proximal ORF encodes viral nonstructural proteins (NSP) that are responsible for viral genome replication, while the 3'-proximal ORF encodes three virion structural proteins (SP), the capsid protein (CP), and the two envelope glycoproteins, E2 and E1. During virus assembly, the capsid interacts with genomic RNA to form nucleocapsids. The rubella virus (RV) structural proteins: capsid, E2, and E1 are synthesized as a polyprotein precursor. The signal peptide that initiates translocation of E2 into the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum remains attached to the carboxy terminus of the capsid protein after cleavage by signal peptidase.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic in host cells concentrated around Golgi region and mitochondrion.
Rubella Virus capsid full length protein images
SDS-PAGE showing ab74574 at approximately 35kDa (2µg/lane)
References for Rubella Virus capsid full length protein (ab74574)
ab74574 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.