- Product name(S)-(-)-Blebbistatin
- DescriptionSelective myosin II ATPase activity inhibitor
- Biological descriptionSelective myosin II ATPase activity inhibitor (IC50 = 8.5 μM). Active enantiomer of blebbistatin (ab120425). Inhibits actin-activated MgATPase activity and in vitro motility of class II myosins. Also inhibits contraction of the cytokinetic ring. Blocks cell blebbing and disrupts directed cell migration and cytokinesis.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name(3aS)-(-)-1,2,3,3a-Tetrahydro-3a-hydroxy-6-methyl-1-phenyl-4H-pyrrolo[2,3-b]quinolin-4-one
- Molecular Weight292.34
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC18H16N2O2
- CAS Number856925-71-8
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120491 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab32084 staining paxillin in MEF1 cells treated with (S)-(-)-Blebbistatin (ab120491), by ICC/IF. Decreased membrane expression of paxillin correlates with increased concentration of (S)-(-)-Blebbistatin , as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 2h in media containing different concentrations of ab120491 ( (S)-(-)-Blebbistatin ) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab32084 (1/100 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for (S)-(-)-Blebbistatin (ab120491)
This product has been referenced in:
- Takács B et al. Myosin complexed with ADP and blebbistatin reversibly adopts a conformation resembling the start point of the working stroke. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6799-804 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20351242) »
- Ivanov AI et al. Myosin II regulates the shape of three-dimensional intestinal epithelial cysts. J Cell Sci 121:1803-14 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18460584) »
- Lucas-Lopez C et al. The small molecule tool (S)-(-)-blebbistatin: novel insights of relevance to myosin inhibitor design. Org Biomol Chem 6:2076-84 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18528569) »