- Product name(S)-3,5-DHPG
- DescriptionSelective group I mGlu agonist
- Biological descriptionSelective group I mGlu agonist.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name(S)-3,5-Dihydroxyphenylglycine
- Molecular Weight183.16
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC8H9NO4
- CAS Number162870-29-3
- PubChem identifier443586
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 50 mM
It is important to note that this product is air and light sensitive and impurities can occur as a result of air oxidation or due to metabolism by microbes. We therefore recommend that for long term storage (up to 6 months) it is stored at -20°C with the exclusion of light.
This compound is also unstable in alkaline solution when it rapidly forms a brown colouration it is therefore recommended that alkaline is not used to dissolve this compound.
We recommend stock solutions are made up in water, aliquoted immediately and stored at -20°C. They should be used within one week.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120007 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
SK-N-SH cells were incubated at 37°C for 30 minutes with vehicle control (0 µM) and different concentrations of (S)-3,5-DHPG (ab120007). Increased expression of CREB (phospho S133) in SK-N-SH cells correlates with an increase (S)-3,5-DHPG concentration, as described in literature.
Whole cell lysates were prepared with RIPA buffer (containing protease inhibitors and sodium orthovanadate), 20µg of each were loaded on the gel and the WB was run under reducing conditions. After transfer the membrane was blocked for an hour using 3% milk before being incubated with ab32096 at 1/500 dilution and ab32515 at 1 µg/ml overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution and visualised using ECL development solution.
References for (S)-3,5-DHPG (ab120007)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kew JN & Kemp JA Ionotropic and metabotropic glutamate receptor structure and pharmacology. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 179:4-29 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15731895) »
- Barton ME & Shannon HE Behavioral and convulsant effects of the (S) enantiomer of the group I metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist 3,5-DHPG in mice. Neuropharmacology 48:779-87 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 15829250) »
- Wisniewski K & Car H (S)-3,5-DHPG: a review. CNS Drug Rev 8:101-16 (2002). Read more (PubMed: 12070529) »