For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/20 - 1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml.
Recommend PFA Fixation and Triton X-100 treatment
- FunctionFatty acid delta-9-desaturase that introduces a double bond in fatty acyl-coenzyme A at the delta-9 position.
- Tissue specificityDetected in fetal brain, and at lower levels in fetal kidney. Detected in adult brain and pancreas, and at lower levels in kidney and lung.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the fatty acid desaturase family.
- DomainThe histidine box domains may contain the active site and/or be involved in metal ion binding.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
Information by UniProt
- ACOD4 antibody
- Acyl CoA desaturase 4 antibody
- Acyl-CoA-desaturase 4 antibody
Anti-SCD5 antibody images
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence - Anti-SCD5 antibody (ab122788)
Immunofluorescent staining of Human cell line A-431 shows positivity in nucleus but not nucleoli. Recommended concentration of ab122788 1-4 µg/ml. Cells treated with PFA/Triton X-100.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Anti-SCD5 antibody (ab122788)
ab122788, at 1/20 dilution, staining SCD5 in paraffin-embedded Human liver tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-SCD5 antibody (ab122788)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"