Anti-SHMT1 antibody (ab55736)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55736 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionInterconversion of serine and glycine.
- PathwayOne-carbon metabolism; tetrahydrofolate interconversion.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SHMT family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- cytosolic antibody
- GLYC_HUMAN antibody
- Glycine hydroxymethyltransferase antibody
- Serine hydroxymethyltransferase antibody
- Serine hydroxymethyltransferase, cytosolic antibody
- Serine methylase antibody
- SHMT antibody
- Shmt1 antibody
Anti-SHMT1 antibody images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab55736 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab55736, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
SHMT1 antibody (ab55736) used in immunohistochemistry at 5ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human colon tissue.
Predicted band size : 53 kDa
SHMT1 antibody (ab55736) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
References for Anti-SHMT1 antibody (ab55736)
ab55736 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.