For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49.1% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Note: PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+)
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab111167 was affinity-purified from Rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
- FunctionRequired for the uptake of taurine. Transports both taurine and beta-alanine which requires sodium ions. Chloride ions are necessary for optimal uptake.
- Tissue specificityExpressed abundantly in placenta and skeletal muscle, at intermediate levels in heart, brain, lung, kidney and pancreas and at low levels in liver.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:neurotransmitter symporter (SNF) (TC 2.A.22) family. SLC6A6 subfamily.
modificationsDown-regulated upon Ser-322 phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
Information by UniProt
- MGC10619 antibody
- MGC131729 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000208177 antibody
Anti-Slc6a6 antibody images
References for Anti-Slc6a6 antibody (ab111167)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"