For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Light chain typekappa
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.
||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
- FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD5 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD).
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase.
Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis by SMAD-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase SMURF1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
Information by UniProt
- DKFZp781C1895 antibody
- DKFZp781O1323 antibody
- Dwfc antibody
Anti-SMAD5 antibody images
References for Anti-SMAD5 antibody (ab55484)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"