For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-SMAD9 antibody
See all SMAD9 primary antibodies
Goat polyclonal to SMAD9
- SpecificityNot expected to crossreact with SMAD1 or SMAD5.
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
Sandwich ELISA, WBmore details
- Species reactivity
HumanPredicted to work with:
Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Dog
C-HSEPLMPHNATYPD , corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 166-179 of Human SMAD9.
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Used as a reporter to detect captured recombinant SMAD9
||Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).
- FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD9 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD).
- Tissue specificityExpressed in heart, brain, placenta, lung, skeletal muscle, prostate, testis, ovary and small intestine. Also expressed in fetal brain, lung and kidney.
- Involvement in diseasePulmonary hypertension, primary, 2
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. In the cytoplasm in the absence of ligand. Migration to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
Information by UniProt
- MAD homolog 9 antibody
- Madh6 antibody
- Mothers against decapentaplegic antibody
Anti-SMAD9 antibody images
References for Anti-SMAD9 antibody (ab48011)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"