For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-Sp8 antibody
See all Sp8 primary antibodies
Rabbit polyclonal to Sp8
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
- Species reactivity
MousePredicted to work with:
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 450 to the C-terminus of Mouse Sp8.
(Peptide available as ab90836.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in 46C whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).
- FunctionTranscription factor which plays a key role in limb development. Positively regulates FGF8 expression in the apical ectodermal ridge (AER) and contributes to limb outgrowth in embryos.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Sp1 C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 3 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
Information by UniProt
- BTD antibody
- Buttonhead antibody
- Homolog of Btd antibody
Anti-Sp8 antibody images
Western blot - Sp8 antibody (ab73494)
Anti-Sp8 antibody (ab73494) at 1 µg/ml + 46C (Mouse neural progenitor, selected for Sox1 expression cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab27205) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Observed band size : 46 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 23 kDa,56 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 8 minutes
References for Anti-Sp8 antibody (ab73494)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"