For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.
||1/50 - 1/100.
||1/500 - 1/1000.
- FunctionThis protein binds preferentially and cooperatively to ss-DNA. Probably involved in mitochondrial DNA replication.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 SSB domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion.
Information by UniProt
- mitochondrial antibody
- Mt SSB antibody
- Mt-SSB antibody
Anti-SSBP1 antibody images
Western blot - SSBP1 antibody (ab74710)
All lanes : Anti-SSBP1 antibody (ab74710) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HeLa cells with no peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from HUVEC cells with no peptide
Lane 3 : Extracts from HUVEC cells with peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 17 kDa
Observed band size : 17 kDa
Additional bands at : 26 kDa,45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Secondary antibody - anti-rabbit HRP (ab6721)
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - SSBP1 antibody (ab74710)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded
human pancreas tissue using ab74710 at a dilution of 1/50. Left-hand panel: no peptide; right-hand panel: with peptide.
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence - SSBP1 antibody (ab74710)
Immunofluorescence analysis of A549 cells, using ab74710 at a dilution of 1/500. Left-hand panel: no peptide; right-hand panel: with peptide.
References for Anti-SSBP1 antibody (ab74710)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"