For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa.
- FunctionInvolved in the production of gangliosides GD3 and GT3 from GM3; gangliosides are a subfamily of complex glycosphinglolipds that contain one or more residues of sialic acid.
- Tissue specificityStrongly expressed in melanoma cell lines, adult and fetal brain and to a lesser extent in adult and fetal lung.
- PathwayProtein modification; protein glycosylation.
Lipid metabolism; sphingolipid metabolism.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyltransferase 29 family.
- Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus membrane.
Information by UniProt
- 8-sialyltransferase 8A antibody
- 8-sialyltransferase antibody
- Alpha 2,8 sialyltransferase 8A antibody
Anti-ST8SIA1 antibody images
Western blot - ST8SIA1 antibody (ab37806)
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"