Anti-STAT3 antibody [ 3B5] (ab105934)
- Product nameAnti-STAT3 antibody [ 3B5]See all STAT3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [ 3B5] to STAT3
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC, ICC/IF, ELISA, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Monkey
Purified recombinant fragment of Human STAT3 expressed in E. coli.
- Positive control
- Hela, NIH3T3, Jurket, PC12 and COS7 cell lysates; Human mammary and lung cancer tissues; HeLa cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number 3B5
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab105934 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 88 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/100.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the interleukin-6 (IL-6)-responsive elements identified in the promoters of various acute-phase protein genes. Activated by IL31 through IL31RA.
- Tissue specificityHeart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in STAT3 are the cause of hyperimmunoglobulin E recurrent infection syndrome autosomal dominant (AD-HIES) [MIM:147060]; also known as hyper-IgE syndrome or Job syndrome. AD-HIES is a rare disorder of immunity and connective tissue characterized by immunodeficiency, chronic eczema, recurrent Staphylococcal infections, increased serum IgE, eosinophilia, distinctive coarse facial appearance, abnormal dentition, hyperextensibility of the joints, and bone fractures.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated upon stimulation with EGF (By similarity). Tyrosine phosphorylated in response to IL-6, IL-11, CNTF, LIF, CSF-1, EGF, PDGF, IFN-alpha and OSM. Phosphorylated on serine upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Serine phosphorylation is important for the formation of stable DNA-binding STAT3 homodimers and maximal transcriptional activity. ARL2BP may participate in keeping the phosphorylated state of STAT3 within the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Constitutive nuclear presence is independent of tyrosine phosphorylation. Predominantly present in the cytoplasm without stimuli. Upon leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) stimulation, accumulates in the nucleus. The complex composed of BART and ARL2 plays an important role in the nuclear translocation and retention of STAT3.
- 1110034C02Rik antibody
- Acute Phase Response Factor antibody
- Acute-phase response factor antibody
- APRF antibody
- AW109958 antibody
- DNA binding protein APRF antibody
- FLJ20882 antibody
- HIES antibody
- MGC128731 antibody
- MGC16063 antibody
- MGC93551 antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (acute-phase response factor) antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 antibody
- STAT 3 antibody
- Stat3 antibody
- STAT3_HUMAN antibody
- Transcription factor antibody
Anti-STAT3 antibody [ 3B5] images
ab105934 at 1/200 dilution staining STAT3 in Human mammary cancer by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin-embedded tissue with DAB staining.
ab105934 at 1/200 dilution staining STAT3 in Human lung cancer by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin-embedded tissue with DAB staining.
ab105934 at 1/200 dilution staining STAT3 in HeLa cells by Immunofluorescence (green). Blue: DRAQ5 fluorescent DNA dye. Red: Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor-555 phalloidin.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab105934 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab105934, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-STAT3 antibody [ 3B5] (ab105934)
ab105934 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.