For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 86 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 86 kDa).
||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
- FunctionCarries out a dual function: signal transduction and activation of transcription. Involved in IL12 signaling.
- Involvement in diseaseSystemic lupus erythematosus 11
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated. Serine phosphorylation is also required for maximal transcriptional activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus in response to phosphorylation.
Information by UniProt
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 4 antibody
- SLEB11 antibody
- STAT4 antibody
- STAT4_HUMAN antibody
Anti-STAT4 antibody images
Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded sections) - STAT4 antibody (ab55357)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded
human breast carcinoma tissue using ab55357 at 1/50 dilution. Left: without immunizing peptide; Right: with immunizing peptide
Western blot - STAT4 antibody (ab55357)
All lanes : Anti-STAT4 antibody (ab55357) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from RAW264.7 cells
treated with EGF (200 ng/ml for 5 mins) with immunizing peptide
Lane 2 : extracts from RAW264.7 cells
treated with EGF (200 ng/ml for 5 mins)
Predicted band size : 86 kDa
Observed band size : 86 kDa
References for Anti-STAT4 antibody (ab55357)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"